The Anglican church in Vence dates from the beginning of the 20th century. Although it is a separate community, there is a close link with Holy Trinity, Nice, which is, in a sense, the mother church of the area.
Saint Hugh, who was the son of the Lord of Avalon in the Grenoble area, was a Carthusan monk of the Grande Chartreuse before becoming Prior of Witham in the West of England. From there, he was appointed Bishop of Lincoln in 1186. He was famous for his holiness and his courage.
The Anglican Community in Vence continues to grow and one finds there a warm welcome.